About Sara

Sara Byers is a Elite Canadian Provincial and National Champion in road and track cycling. Based in Niagara and racing with
Kallisto-FCV p/b Toyo Tires (Forest City Velodrome) and Canada's National Sprint Team, upcoming goals include
2015 Pan Am Championships, Track World Cup and Rio 2016 Olympics.

Monday, 7 April 2014

Trials Weekend: That's a Wrap

Trials took place over the weekend, one step toward qualifying to represent Canada at the Commonwealth Games. Juniors were also there attempting to qualify for Worlds so it was busy and crowded in the infield! At the same time volleyball games were held on the infield and fitness classes were held at the opposite end from where we cyclists were. Everyone made due and were exceptionally helpful in making the trials a success.

I am very pleased with my results and how my body has taken to this year's sprint training. I finished ahead of the women present, just over 1/10 of a second off the 200m standard and 2/10 of a second off the 500m standard for CG criteria. Looking forward to touching base with Canada's Sprint Coach Erin to see what the next step is.

I'll update again when I know more about what happens from here. In the meantime I'm home and doing the mental prep to acclimatize back to Canadian riding weather!

Thank you for making this amazing opportunity happen!