About Sara

Sara Byers is a Elite Canadian Provincial and National Champion in road and track cycling. Based in Niagara and racing with
Kallisto-FCV p/b Toyo Tires (Forest City Velodrome) and Canada's National Sprint Team, upcoming goals include
2015 Pan Am Championships, Track World Cup and Rio 2016 Olympics.

Thursday, 8 November 2012

Who ever said there was an off season..?

There is an all too short "unstructured" time that very quickly fills up with everything I put off all season to facilitate training & recovery & keeping employed! Although this time of transition can be a challenge my body is thankful for the rest and it truly highlights the reasons why I like to keep a routine that makes me fit and healthy.

A few fun downtime activities...




Expanding St. Catharines Cycling Club secretarial duties to include website & social media.. I like my local clubs. SCCC is home of the Niagara Classic road race, one of the most challenging courses and best run events in the Ontario Cup Series.


I lucked out on my only mtb race this year
with cool, muddy, sloppy weather: the best!

Riding and volunteering at fun races! In my short cycling career as I dabbled in every discipline to find the fit that would take me farthest, it has been a challenge to stay focused on one ride in order to excel. I love them all! So I compromised with volunteering at We Need More Cowbell CX in St. Catharines and raced (using the term very loosely) at Hardwood Singletrack Challenge near Barrie, ON.

Volunteering IS serious stuff.
They even gave me a walkie talkie.

Here's mud in yer eye.




















Fall is for riding in the woods!! I was lucky to borrow a cross & mtb for some contemplative, solo trail riding along the Twelve Valley and Short Hills Provincial Park in St. Catharines...



...and The Hood trails in Port Colborne.


And course fall is off season for those who race road in that all of the year's races are finished and the work of planning for next year begins.. the business of bike racing! Happy to share with you that I'll be racing road and track with Invita/FCV in 2013. What a great fit! But that deserves a post all it's own.

Geeky self pic for the teaser.

Come back soon. I'm excited to tell you more on the team!