About Sara

Sara Byers is a Elite Canadian Provincial and National Champion in road and track cycling. Based in Niagara and racing with
Kallisto-FCV p/b Toyo Tires (Forest City Velodrome) and Canada's National Sprint Team, upcoming goals include
2015 Pan Am Championships, Track World Cup and Rio 2016 Olympics.

Sunday, 8 July 2012

Epic Blog Post Series - #3 R & R, Rest & Relaxation or Rock & Roll..?

Part of a series of blog post updates...

It's amazing how the littlest thing can upset the balance, an extra long work meeting, adapting to alternating blasts of a/c and heat wave or a double workout day. Napping is very important to me when training and working hard. Once you get used to the routine a 10 minute nap can be like mentally and physically hitting the reset button. Very refreshing and just as important as the hard work part.

It takes a lot of focus to work full time and get in enough training to be competitive at the level I want to be. Every once in awhile I come up for air and realize I'm feeling stuck in a bit of a rut. What to do with very little time or money?

Adventures - Most often happen accidentally post race, driving home when I think I know better than the gps.. eat first, then drive!
The BeachRock Point Provincial Park or Charles Daley Park.
A Good BookThe Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (my grandma's from there!) and The Cove (takes place in spring training locale) are two recent reads.
Painting Toenails - Mine..and you thought I was a tomboy.
CookingAnne Guzman food for my boyfriend using garden veggies.
GardeningDirt is NOT Soil
Coffee - Black.
Earl Grey - Hot.

In a nutshell, this is how I relax and refocus.