About Sara

Sara Byers is a Elite Canadian Provincial and National Champion in road and track cycling. Based in Niagara and racing with
Kallisto-FCV p/b Toyo Tires (Forest City Velodrome) and Canada's National Sprint Team, upcoming goals include
2015 Pan Am Championships, Track World Cup and Rio 2016 Olympics.

Friday, 8 April 2011

Welcome to the Road Kill Grill - South Carolina!


I remember overhearing the neighbour kids in their enthusiastic play once declaring, "We're going on an ADVENTURE!"... and I was so jealous. I want to go on an adventure! I want to explore, push my boundaries and dare to go into the unknown. Finally my turn came. South Carolina would be my own little version of an ADVENTURE.

I went, I conquered, and I even have the pictures to prove it! Check 'em out.

Had so much fun doing my daily "assignments", testing out my legs and this cool little computer with power and stats giving me all kinds of ego boosts and motivation ;P The rolling hills and mountainous landscape were beautiful and challenging. Sharing it all with absolutely FANTASTIC friends is something I will treasure and always remember. Although we barely knew each other at the start, well, as dorky as it sounds the old Breakfast Club song sprung into my head on the end stretch home (C'mon tough girl... don't tear up in front of the guys, lol).

I've been home now for a couple of weeks and I must admit I miss it. The adventure marked the end of a chapter with some real work accomplished: physically, mentally and emotionally. Through the labour and relaxation of the epic week meaningful friendships developed. I sorted through some personal things and sloughed off the junk revealing clarity and growing a whole lot stronger. Detox for the soul.

Thank you Shawn, Jeff P, John, Scott, Jeff M, Papillon, Professor for being so cool and creating this wonderful, warm family within our home (House #1) for the week. You are amazing individuals.

Oh yes, the RIDING, the TRAINING! This is how I feel about it:




Hello! Hooray! Let the show begin
I've been ready
Hello! Hooray! Let the lights grow dim
I've been ready

Ready as this audience that's coming here to dream
Loving every second, every moment, every scream
I've been waiting so long to sing my song
And I've been waiting so long for this thing to come
Yeah, I've been thinkin' so long, I was the only one

Roll out! Roll out with your American dream and its recruits
I've been ready
Roll out! Roll out with your circus freaks and hula hoops
I've been ready

Ready as this audience that's coming here to dream
Loving every second, every moment, every scream
I've been waiting so long to sing my song
And I've been waiting so long for this thing to come
Oh, I've been thinking so long, I was the only one

And I can stand here strong and thin
And I can laugh when this thing begins

God, I feel so strong, I feel so strong
I'm so strong, I feel so strong
I feel so strong, so strong
God, I feel so strong, I am so strong
So strong, I feel so strong, I feel so strong
I feel so strong, I feel so strong, I feel so strong
Yes I'm strong, feel so strong, feel so strong